Though concrete stains are an excellent way of achieving colored concrete, a concrete stains are somewhat limited in the colors used. With a concrete dye you can achieve almost any color desired. The combination of both a concrete stain and a concrete dye can provide a you the customer with a unique tone or hue that no one else has.
Where to use:
- Enhance stain colors in areas of a slab where the stain is not reacting with the concrete and the color needs to be intensified.
- Commercial applications like restaurants, showrooms and retail spaces.
- Vertical applications, stencils, and logos.
- Add visual texture and depth to a concrete surface or cementitious topping.
- Shift color from subtle earth tones to vibrant hues.
- Build layers of color.
- Soften areas where the chemical stain has produced an overly bright tone.
Limitations: Dyes penetrate very quickly which leaves little room for error or changing ones mind. Also, they are not UV stable. This almost certainly limits its use to indoors only.